Working-out as drugs

IT WAS 5:50 A.M. My cell phone’s alarm clock was already reverberating. I turned it off but its “snooze” was activated. Relentlessly, it was waking me up for roughly 40-45 minutes. With that time span, its “snooze” was programmed to stop. It did reach that point and I was still lounged. So, I didn’t get up at all….

This is almost my everyday routine in the morning. The only difference is that I didn’t get up. Typically, I hear concoction of sounds and voices 15 minutes after the first alarm, which meant that my parents are already up, preparing for the day ahead, and concocting food ingredients that will make up our breakfast. As my human reaction, I would get up since they are already up. But this day, they were not because they forgot to do so; I acted similarly.


I necessitate going to the gym daily (except Sundays because the gym is closed during that day). I’m vain with my body curves. I’m into body building. I need to contract-retract my abs. I want my trapezius muscles to be diamond-shaped. My chest should be astonishing too. My body seemed to have been programmed to exercise everyday; it’s searching for the “unfathomable tired feeling” that only exercise can provide. It was like “drugs” to me. (But it’s a healthy one, I suppose. It’s not illegal too.)

Recently, however, I’ve been out in the gym. It’s because I needed to attend seminars and have to accomplish my workloads in the publication and in school (which, hitherto, are not done yet). Thus, my body has been used to extend its “sleeping hours” than normal (which, in my case, is only 5 to 6 hours). Perhaps, this is the raison d'être for not getting up early today. (Well, I got up late. I’m used in attending the gym early for me to finish early. I don’t want to meet various people there; I’m not affable.)

Anyhow, there is still tomorrow (I literally mean the last word). I should recoup my virility so as to maintain my health and figure. If I am to choose, I would rather be an aficionado with exercise than to be a sleep-addict. In exercise, you wake up and feel fit and fulsome. In sleep, you feel lazy and your eyes will be looking lethargic….

It’s not a difficult choice, is it?

No comments: