An arctic morning in Baguio City


EARLY THAT MORNING, I remember I looked like an arsonist exuding fog-like breath from my orifice each time I exhale. The temperature was so freezing that it didn’t jibe with my synthetic-like, fitted t-shirt and black and gray vest and skinny jeans – without a jacket. I was staring at my shivering hands that I was bemused if they might wither or shrink because of the arctic climate. But still, it was just Baguio City; not the Antarctica....

I can’t believe it was more than a month ago.

November 30, 2008 was when I was about to depart from the Teacher’s Camp to traverse back to Pampanga after a four-day seminar, which I didn’t even want to attend to. I went desolately as The Pioneer’s delegate in the seminar together with the AUF-USC and all CSCs. I assumed I would feel like a tiger having a festivity with lions because I was the only member of the university publication then. However, some people made me feel befitting – the Criminology students.


The Criminology College Student Council composes of four women and one man. They are Junaly, Suzanne, Ilyn, Fhaby, and Ken. All of them, I suppose, have attested to me that Criminology students in AUF are the most unfeigned and congenial people of all. (They are all photographed below, except Ken and Fhaby.)


(Oh speaking of “kind,” I won’t also forget Danica from Educ. and Don too. As well, Ara, the massage therapist of the group, was eleemosynary in prattling about anything. Ines was entertaining too.)

In the photograph below, I'm with Fhaby, a woman whose hobby is to guffaw. She laughs no matter what and that is very admirable, I suppose.


In this picture – which is the same as the main picture in the blog as of today – I posed along the flags thinking about nothing. (I just posed in order to have a picture.)


In that morning, I recall I ascended early from bed, and went to the Benitez Hall foremost than my colleagues did. In front of that aged-looking building, I was anticipating to see some people I met during the first night I’ve have my dinner. They were Josh (A.K.A Joyce), Lucksley, Leonard and Sol from the University of Perpetual Help, who were my table-mates then since it was forbidden in the seminar to be fastidious with your table. Jhosh was the most affable of them all. Lucksley was the man who loves to pray before eating. Leo and Sol don’t talk a lot. (I suppose they are diffident.)

I was planning to personally say “Good bye!” to them. However, I didn’t see even their silhouettes in that morning.

Just like the fog, it was blurred....

No comments: