The journey of April to purchase a blusher

WE CROSSED THE BUSTLING tundra of Angeles City and arrived at the uncanny bungalow of Tollhouse after buying a couple of bibingka from the vendors in front of the wintry dessert at the Holy Rosary Church.

Two days ago, April and I decided to order the typical carte du jour we used to eat at Tollhousechicken BBQ for me and seafood supreme for her. That is after interviewing a high-profile official in our university who The Pioneer is supposed to feature: Atty. Joseph Angeles.

In Tollhouse, we saw an old classmate – Stephanie – who was with her sophomore friend in her new course, which is BS Management (I suppose), and new plaid uniform; which is that of the Holy Angel University. Stephanie was bored from waiting for her order so she prattled with us and inadvertently mentioned something to April that must not be said about someone (secret if who she is).


April was flabbergasted!

However, Stephanie was flabbergasted on herself too. So she lickety-split transferred to their table without explicating what she said.

Meanwhile, when we finished our meal, April and I were set to eat our bibingkas. So I grabbed the bibingka from the plastic bag and laid it on my emptied plate. While we were eating it, a surly waitress said, “Magbi-bill out na po kayo?” (Are you taking your bills already?)

From her statement, we were baffled and thought that eating food that’s not from Tollhouse is forbidden inside its premise. However, the waitress apologized afterwards because she actually arrived at our table by accident. So, we loitered to finish eating our first bibingka. The second bibingka? I decided to take it home, and then gesticulated the waiter for our bill.

While we were waiting for our bill, Stephanie and her friend’s bill arrived first. Then, they said good bye. (Of course, we swapped cell phone numbers beforehand.)

The lengthy time of waiting for the bill was simply annoying!

Thus April and I just talked about anything in order to deflect our boredom, which had been causing the annoyance.

She conversed about her need to buy a hair conditioner. She said she must buy (on that day) since she was already lacking her supply. Impulsively, I suggested going to a boutique in AC that’s selling beauty products. Then she concurred.

After paying our bill, we left. On our way to the boutique, we saw Tim in front of Armando’s Pizza. (Tim, on the mean time, wasn’t replying to my text regarding the camcorder; so I just personally asked him. Then he said he’s willing to ask the person who fixed the camcorder regarding the problem of its view finder. He told me to bring the camcorder “tomorrow” – which was supposed to be yesterday -- so he could get it from me. Fortunately for me, I didn’t bring the camcorder yesterday… Well, I didn’t see Tim in school, anyhow.)

Going back, when April and I arrived at the boutique, we started “examining” the products there, and were astounded by the very low price. However, April didn’t see what she was looking for so we left. Still, she asked me to buy something before we go so as not to embarrass ourselves to the sales lady who was eleemosynary in answering our queries. So I purchased a “nose up product”.

After that, I suggested going to HBC fronting Ocampo’s, where April spent Php201.00 for all the products she purchased. Aside from maddening the “sales boy-slash-security guard” for unpacking the Temptation blusher, we also took long time in choosing our necessities (which were only for April actually). In the end, April still spent money.

She bought a hair conditioner, a foot file, and a blusher.

Before she and I separated ways, she confessed that she regrets frittering too much. But she confessed that she’s excited with the blusher.

****

Yesterday, conversely, she just contradicted her excitement....

No comments: