Seven cogitations about “Desperadas 2”

APPARENTLY, DESPERADAS 2 IS a sequel of the first Desperadas, which was shown last year during the same season for the Manila Film Festival. Last night, I film viewed it at Jade Cinema in Jenra Mall. (Anyhow, it doesn’t matter where I viewed it; what matters is I viewed the movie.) Now, below are some of my thoughts regarding the said motion picture.


1.) The film last year was better, or funnier. (Perhaps, since it was my first time to be acquainted with the characters, and there is more mystery in the movie that I am deciphering, so it was more appealing.

2.) Ogie Alcasid’s portrayal of a female character in the name Lugalu Galuda (Did I spell it right?) was comical. He gave life to the movie especially during “her” wedding with Cesar (played by Carlo Guevara). (Shockingly speaking, I never thought that the latter would clinch the deal in kissing – lips to lips -- Ogie Alcasid because he’s just a new model who has oodles of opportunities before going daring. Oh well, perhaps it’s called “the intersection of job, art, and entertainment”.) HOWEVER –

3.) Ogie, at some point, became cognizant of himself – when I was watching the part where he was “ritualizing” in the pool, as if I can feel he’s trying assiduously to make the audience laugh because he knows there is a camera; thus he didn’t succeed, I suppose.

4.) Isabela (played by Ruffa Gutierrez) has a role, which if compared to last year, is diminutively repetitive. (Good thing is that something new about her touched the kind of life I also have – “I am not capable of loving,” she muttered.)

5.) Patricia Llanes Ph. D. (played by Ruffa Mae Quinto), as always, was very amusing. Well done for her! (Now, you should think that I am preconceived because I am her fan.)

6.) Courtney and Stephanie (Marianne Rivera and Iza Calzado)… I don’t know. I don’t mean they don’t have an impact to the audience; it’s just that my sentiments didn’t relate with them perhaps because their names sounds the same.

7.) Fairly speaking to the nannies (or maids), they might have taken love peels that made their roles “spicy” in this sequel.

No comments: