Where has my dream-catcher gone?

FORLORNLY, THE DREAM-CATCHER I bought from Baguio City last November 27-30 (I can’t remember which among those dates I exactly bought it but I am definite that I bought it during any of those days because those were the first and only, hitherto, dates I’ve been staying in Baguio) is missing. It was the apple green pendant attached with the apple green strand, which serves as its chain. In the circle pendant adjoins a pearl-like, apple green stone affixed by the web-like, apple green strings in the middle of the circle.

Perhaps, it fell from my bed and then a genus of creature took it for thinking it was a victual. I recall I was even haggling to the vendor to give it to me for only Php20/each – the vendor was a young, skinny girl in her 9th to 12th years and was originally selling her dream-catchers for Php25/each. However, I wasn’t able to persuade her despite revering her by calling her “Ate”. But at least I’ve had a 5-peso discount when I paid.


“Dream-catchers” are said to materialize one’s dream. Patty, a fellow intern of mine way back in ABS-CBN CH46 Pampanga, told that to me. However, the vendor told something else, which, as I understood literally, means “a dream catcher catches one’s dream.” If it will catch my dreams, then I’ll have no more dreams, I thought.

I’ve always loved dreams, anyhow. Dreams are the only place and dimension in the where-ness of the galaxy that such a thing ensue from no effort; even the unfeasible ones. I hate bad dreams, conversely. Most people call them as “nightmares”. So if a dream-catcher will catch my nightmare, I would be awfully indebted.

But as I said, it’s gone. Is it forever?

Well, the good thing is I still have one left. Its strand is black and the rest are sky blue. That’s why I’ve had a 5-peso discount – I bought two, I paid Php45.00.

Still, the offer wasn’t incredible. I hope the “magic” of dream-catcher is....

No comments: