Sour mango and sweet ice cream

WHO WILL EAT A sour mango with ice cream as dessert? Well, I won’t; but when Carylle and I meet – we definitely do so!

Carylle Juico was my best friend way back in my “nursing days” when something (or someone) just “shoved” me to try a nursing course and dream of earning oodles of dollars abroad. Perhaps, one thing that we commonly love is Taekwondo. She was a yellow belter, and I am too back then.

Bizarrely, when we were together, we used to purchase food at McDonald’s fronting AUF, which was our university (not HER school now). Afterwards, she’ll invite me to eat siopao at Chowking and then I would concur. We love food and we perceive the world as an enormous pizza with different hues.


However, we seldom meet since I shifted to AB Mass Communication. She, conversely, transferred to another school. Since then, we were not able to do the same food trip we used to have before. (Back then, even Bryan -- her boyfriend -- resents me because her girlfriend and I were constantly together. One thing he didn’t know was that I and Carylle can never be lovers, even now, because we’ve met at a certain dimension and time of the galaxy when I was not meant to fall for her since it would be uncanny.) (If you don’t get it, just read it; it’s my form of concealment.)

Last night, I went home at 8 p.m. in our home clock, which is 45 minutes advanced from the factual world. Before that, I crossed path with Carylle on my way home since she currently works at the AUF Medical Center as a practical nurse (PN). Thoughtfully, she tempted me to have a slice of fresh, green mango, which happened to be very sour despite the chilly-filled rock salt sprinkled on it. She paid for it.

Afterwards, I paid for our ice cream – she had a blackforest, while I’ve had a cappuccino. We didn’t fret anymore if our stomach gets convoluted – it’s called reckless thinking because we were afraid that ice cream stock will run out the next day. Then, we were about to go separate ways until I told her that I’m going to HBC fronting Ocampo’s. She impulsively decided to come too but she suggested that we should rather go to HBC Nepo Mall so we could stroll diminutively. I nodded.

In Nepo Mall, I bought cotton buds at HBC, wherein I was recognized by the branch manager (I guess) whom I’ve known before since I’m a valued customer. Then, Carylle and I have had our food trip again. We ate a cheesy bacon pizza, which we bought from a Pizza Hut-stall fronting the Robinson’s Supermarket. I was flabbergasted to see who the vendors at the stall were since they are 3rd year MC students (one year lower than me) from AUF too.

After ordering pizza, Carylle and I went to the food court on the 3rd floor. We purchased our cheesy French fries and ordered our gulaman. Carylle paid for them since I paid for the pizza. Then after the food trip in a galaxy filled with stars of fries and asteroids of pizza, we decided to go home.

It was a good day, I suppose. I liked pizza. But I don’t know with sour mango and sweet ice cream.

Well, I didn’t have bowel movement this morning….

No comments: