Define “merry” in the “Merry Christmas-greeting”

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS OF DIVERGE hues are all aglow in the used-to-be-dark streets of our subdivision like a fire burning in an elegant chimney of a castle. The wind blows its used-to-be-arctic air around the murky atmosphere. My cell phone reverberates, signifying I have a message. The telephone rings because of a relative calling. People used to greet “Merry Christmas” and others include the “Happy new year-phrase”. Everyone seems to be glad. But, are they really glad? Are they….

One thing I simply don’t get about this Christmas is the atypical sentiment that I sense. Though people don’t converse about it, I just know that there is a predicament.

Is this an omen?


Perhaps, it’s not a catastrophe like the great flood, or when the Heaven showered fireballs over the Earth. I suppose something else is happening wrong, not to me, but to other people. The populace is in a great danger….

****

It is very disappointing when people blacken your reputation just because you are their rival in a definite facet of their life. Well, it’s okay in a sense; however, to take to a point where you would blacken someone’s reputation to his friends just to gain their trust and toss the reality, it becomes very unacceptable!

Are you that person? If yes, I tell you this: Don’t shower your lies to my friends. (Though I’m not affable, I still have friends and I treasure them, I know and they know that too. I just don’t know what happened after you twirled the fact.)

Someday, I shall shower you with fireballs! Don’t you dare submerge me to a dirty reputation, or else, karma will castigate you. When that happens, I tell you, you will be sinking in a flood of ignominy!

Someday, you will no longer remember your name and if you greet me with “Merry Christmas,” I don’t suppose you know what you’re conversing about….

So, define “merry” in the “Merry Christmas-greeting”. Its meaning will be changed the next time you greet “Merry Christmas”; I suppose. Or perhaps, you’re just following the bandwagon that’s why you’re greeting too....

No comments: