Christmas party again? (But it’s different)

TOMORROW WILL MARK ANOTHER Christmas party that I’m putative to attend to this year. However, no matter how much I would like to attend to it, everything, as I sense it, is different just like a century-old barbell tarnished through time....

Kuya Elmer – a gym-mate who does aero and weight-lifting – told me this morning that I should bring pandesal for the party, which will eventuate after the work-out at 7-8 a.m. Then, Tita Nida, the gym proprietor, opposed and said that Charles, who is one of my gym-mate too, would be bringing pandesal from their bakery. I was conjecturing if what Gerald – another gym-mate present this morning who was working out while we were prattling – would bring; but I didn’t mind to ask.

The conclusion of our conversation has been decided and I am stinted to bring anything I want to bring as my contribution for the event to ensue.


With that, I gratify the “fates”.

At least, I wouldn’t be anticipated to bring something that will actually be looked-for tomorrow. Sometimes, when you are tasked to bring whatever thing; it would be as good as zilch. And that is as good as your nonappearance.

I’m not the affable type of person, anyhow.

Perhaps, Gerald is. He was the only gym-mate in weight-lifting who attended this morning (excluding Tita Emy who left early).

Well, I recall he enrolled long time ago in the gym; but it was just recently when he recognized that I was the person he knew back in high school. However, I didn’t know his name then; it’s only his surname: Gomez.

Gomez used to play chess. I just don’t know if he still does so when he turned college because he enrolled in Holy Angel University.
I suppose he’s playing “chess”, still.

Well, his name “Gerald” harks me back of college sophomore years. I know someone with exactly the same name -- he played another type of chess.

That’s almost two years ago....

No comments: