What is a “power statement”?

A “POWER STATEMENT” IS A statement that communicates important information about you in a short amount of time. It emphasizes the value you can bring to an organization, which will cause you to leave a powerful impression. (SOURCE: A hand-out from a seminar awhile ago.)

Mostly, this kind of statement is used when you are applying for a job, or any sort of interview for an award or so. It can be stated by saying your skills, strength and accomplishments, which you want to highlight in relation to your objectives. Then you’ll be giving specific examples of that skill. State the results of that skill, and then make sure that the statement matches the needs or goals of the organization.


One of my power statements is the one below. I’ve compulsorily composed it because I’ve just attended a career talk this morning.

****

I am a flexible Managing Editor. I can write well and my readers can testify for that. Moreover, I’m into the appropriate financial management of the paper. As a result, our publication, during my term, was able to publish more impressive issues with lesser printing expenses. This additionally paved way for our staff to travel to different places, which, for example, is Palawan, as well as many other spots in the Philippines where competitions are held. During these competitions, conversely, we brought home glory to our university as we took home medals and trophies.

02.16.09

No comments: