Annoying photo shoots

I WAS ACTUALLY TARDY for my photo shoot. I didn’t know that today would be the picture-taking for TOS winners and finalists. We had it in the AVR. When I arrived, it was Gypsy’s turn. Then I left for some moments and when I returned, it was my turn after Joejit’s (the USC President).

Gypsy said, “Oy yan si Al, magaling mag-emote sa picture yan… tignan mo man yung friendster niya.”



I grinned in the camera just like what I usually do. However, when I glanced at my snaps, I became frustrated.

“Where is my French charisma?” I asked my self. (I was told that I am photogenic if you remember as I mentioned in a former article in this blog).

But then I thought, perhaps, it’s because I’m not in a “full-type studio”.

Edwin was watching me during the photo shoot. He was actually there, staring during my turn.

Thus, I recall when he took a column picture of me before. He was the one who took my photo back then in our tabloid issue of The Pioneer. I was annoyed with the way I look in that picture. It looked (and even looks) odd! Everyone one else concur.

Then, during the newsletter issue, I’ve had my column picture taken at AJM (a Kodak studio near AUF). It was just actually a normal picture with no editing. The photographer and the editor in that studio are diminutively slothful; they don’t want too much job. (I was the only one who edited a pimple on my face that time by billing their soft copy of the picture and using my own computer to do “cloning”. Still, I admire them for not annoying me despite that.)

I remember Tim said an accolade regarding that photo when the newsletter was already printed and distributed. (Tim only had a glance of the newsletter when all copies were printed.) Tim said, “Ganda ng picture mo dito ha…”

I was not staggered by his statement. I knew that it was different from the first one, which Edwin took. I exude a different glow like that of an innocent child, hiding a mystifying smile.

Then, I realized that a good picture depends upon the relationship between the photographer and the model.

Now, I don’t conjecture why my TOS pictures are not pleasing to me. It’s not because I abhor my photographer, Sir Rides. He was actually very eleemosynary.

It’s just that… sometimes, even though there’s a good relationship between the photographer and the model, the audience is also an affecting factor in the scenario....

02.19.09

No comments: