My "Personality Sketch" for TOS application

TODAY, I’VE MELTED WITH how Ma’am Elvi Balinas extolled the “Personality Sketch” I’ve written and submitted for TOS application. Actually, people encouraged me to apply for this although I’m not confident about my self because I’m not a connoisseur speaker when it comes to answering to interviews. (Well, this has an interview part.)

However, Ma’am Elvi’s accolade encouraged me more. She praised my article and told me that I’m really a writer. (In my term, I call it “certified writer”!)

Below is the article she praised. (It has no title actually…)


****

I’M A VICTOR who won awards from writing contests; I was awarded with medals and trophies too. If there will be a point that I’ll be defeated like a king or a Mr. World dethroned from a title, I might have a fleeting emotional breakdown. Yet I suppose, in time, I can even be happier…

My name is Al Christopher E. Mendoza, and I am an AB Mass Communication IV student. I’ve been writing for the publication for three years now. One year should be factored out from my life in the CAS Ideas and two years from The Pioneer. I’ve written for local papers too. It’s actually an accident when I landed in Journalism. However, that accident taught me how to smile and improve my self.

I never tried to be recognized as outstanding in any way. I don’t work for that concealed agenda. What’s important for me is that I do my responsibility. I am fair, I am objective… I love to write. That makes me outstanding. Because of that, I gained respect from my professors, colleagues and readers, among others. I gained their trust too.

Just as I didn’t try to be recognized, I’m not the writer who cumbrously tries to be sagacious too. I just write what I think. But that doesn’t make me a liar and a sensationalized journalist; I write to “tell a fact” not to “tale a fairy/demonic story” with a bias meaning.

I suppose trying so hard makes me, as a writer, lose connection. But if I write from the heart, I’ll gain affection. People will smile at me in the hallways. Professors become humble enough to extol me and talk about me in class. Their faces will remain as my lifetime banners. The hearts of the readers I’ve touched are my medals forever.

Even though I am a writer, I can’t utterly discern if I write for passion; it’s just that when I write or whatever I do for the paper, I’m happy in doing so.

Journalism, in my own thesaurus, has been A SYNONYM OF HAPPINESS!

(END OF MY ARTICLE)

No comments: