After-interview shock

THERE WAS TURBULENCE IN the plane during the flight. Perhaps, it’s because it was trapped in a sort of cumulus/nimbus cloud or so… I thought it might be a hopeless, dying scene. But then I’ve realized it’s just normal....

I already had an early flight back to Manila for my scheduled interview for TOS in AUF. During my first interview, I flunked. But this time, I suppose I’m better…


(Even though I haven’t eaten lunch because of my straight journey from Palawan to Manila and Manila to Pampanga…)

My favorite question, which I suppose made me get the charisma of the external panel, was this: What if you have to write something bad about AUF, about any anomaly in it, would you do so?

Basking into the thin air, while simulating as if I know what I am doing, I said, “It depends if there’s dirt that has to be swept. Sometimes, when writers write something negative, they often fabricate stories. But if ever there would be a very important issue that deserves a journalist’s attention, of course I would do so…”

Then, one of the judges made a follow-up question. He asked, “What if kinausap ka ni EYA (owner of AUF), tapos sinabi niya na huwag mo na isulat total alumnus ka naman dito?”

Then, I never doubted to answer informally… I said, “Eh siyempre po, nag-graduate na ‘ko sa AUF nun; so hindi na maho-hold ni Sir EYA ang diploma ko…”

Then I chortled; everyone else in the panel also did.

02.13.09; Angeles City

No comments: