Two ladies, one face

WITH THE CHILD-LIKE EXPRESSION on her face, she said, “Mahirap lang po kami.”

Then, she smiled…

One afternoon when I ushered for the play titled “The Fantasticks”, I’ll always recall how that child-like girl answered to me when I offered her the souvenir programs for fifty pesos.

I used to abhor her for the aura she had been exuding. That day, however, I realized she poles apart. Perhaps, she’s not the stern-looking version who I’ve used to pass by with along the corridors. She looks very eleemosynary. (Or perhaps, I’m just misinterpreting the other one…)


I often see her then, gesturing some eye expressions that remind me of the cartoons I see back then on TV when I was a child. Her eyes were very expressive; they were smiling always. Often, she smiles for reasons, which I don’t know. I just feel that she’s glad.

So, I suppose in order to distinguish the difference between these identical twins, look at the way they smile and the glance in their eyes. You’ll know… the one with the spark is the one who I’ve talked to back in the auditorium.

That was almost two years ago…

The girl has turned to a lady.

Recently, if I am not mistaken, I’ve also seen her in the PUV going to San Fernando, when I’ve had my seminar for the SPAM. She dropped by at JBL Hospital.

I’m just not sure if she’s actually that lady; however, I am sure… that lady tapped on my legs and then she smiled…

****

Candidly, I didn’t know her name back then. I just think of three things, which I can relate to: moonlight, bow and arrow.

Yesterday, I found out that the first one is be the best analogy....

04.16.09

No comments: