The day I tried to be simple and went to a soothsayer in “Apu”

“MADAMING BABAENG MAY GUSTO sa’yo. Yung isa, hinihintay ka niya ang tagal na. Mahal na mahal ka niya at handa siyang maghintay sa’yo ng matagal. Mabait siya pero medyo naiinis lang siya sa’yo pero ewan ko kung bakit…”

I went to a soothsayer in “Apu” for the first time. It was for some reasons I can’t debouch but these are the clear-cut words that she told me as I recall.


Then she continued, “Maganda siya. Maputi, may kahabaan ang buhok, mapungay ang mata… meron siyang kambal.”

Then, I conjectured abruptly....

****

The soothsayer, however, failed to foretell some things, which I would want to decipher. As well, she charged me with Php120.00 for her fee. If I am not mistaken, it should only be Php50.00.

I conjectured why she did that so I looked at my clothes. Well, I don’t look very elegant today, I suppose. I’ve worn very simple clothes as a friend of mine advised me to just be simple often.

He said, “Try mo minsan yung simple lang. Yung maong pants, white shirt, white rubber shoes. Mga ganung style…”

This is, perhaps, because he noticed that I love wearing layers of clothes like my eye-catching vests. Thus he told me I must try to be simple. “You look konyo na neat,” he added.

So I did that for today. Suddenly, I recalled, “konyo” also means “son of the rich people”....

04.24.09

No comments: