Dewdrops what?

A FRIEND OF MINE sent me a text message. He said, “Dewdrops yung cologne mo no” (Please don’t notice the punctuation errors since it’s just a text message).

I replied, “Sino, ako?”

He said, “Naamoy ko kasi sa polo mo.”

I contradicted. I don’t use cologne; I use perfume.

I remember I lent this friend my polo. However, as far as I know, that polo had already been hand-washed. So, I conjectured that he might have been doubting my honesty that it had been washed before I lent it to him. I asked him but he denied.


Perhaps, he’s ashamed. Or perhaps, he’s telling the truth.

I don’t know, but I confide in him. Anyhow, I don’t care if he’s in doubt or not; it’s all his choice.

I asked him what “Dewdrops” is. He said, “Lewis and Pearl tatak niya. Nabibili siya sa supermarket.”

I said, “Ah… okay.”

The “Dewdrops conversation” led to birthmarks, to curse, and to the fact that I’ll be gone in school because I am graduating with April and Mitch among others.

(My memory card was even corrupted! But my “text-mate” has no fault in here; I am to blame…)

Then, I realized that my stay in the academe is like “Dewdrops” – little by little, my time is running out.

I’m leaving....

04.06.09

No comments: