The catastrophe after the lightning

IT WAS A RASPING thunder that came after the sound of the exploding fuse in our computer’s adaptor – We were all flabbergasted!

The sun was scorching an hour ago. Afterwards, the rain began falling gently like droplets of water, splattering upon the plants.

Dette, my sister, turned on the desktop computer because she needed to text her friend, who will go with her in the baptism of the child of one of their office mates, with Chika. Even before the operating system of the computer has utterly started, the computer abruptly shut down.


Then, it was the deafening sound of thunder like metals that fell from a high building to a steel ground…

“Ay! Mekuryenti ku,” said my sister, with her voice shivering and her face in a state of trance.

“Ah! Mituran ya?” I asked, pointing at the computer. Then, I answered my own question…

“Wa, mituran ya kanyan,” I said.

Our computer was damaged by the lightning, I am definite about that. Well, the sound of the exploding fuse was the one I heard first before the thunder. I’ll always remember what I learned back in high school – light is faster than sound.

Therefore, the lightning struck our PC first. Now, it’s ruined.

My sister didn’t want to accept it first. She knew it’s her fault so she must bring the computer to the Computer shop and have it repaired. She would have to defray the expenses too.

I told her the experience of one of my classmates and colleagues in the Pioneer – Genesis. Their PC was struck by lightning too. They paid an estimate of Php4 000.00.

However, my sister decided to bring the computer to the shop by tomorrow, instead – she would have to attend the baptism first....

****

This day too, all our cell phones lost their signals. Perhaps, our sim cards got staggered too. The signal of my phone was only regained by 6:30 p.m.

Oh! I was waiting for a slightly-important text message....

04.18.09

No comments: