Regaining ten pounds

YESTERDAY, I SLEPT FOR a couple of hours after eating my post work-out meal. Then, I woke up, ate my lunch, took a bath, and had my appointment with Pamela and Mitz (the incoming EIC and ME of the Pioneer respectively). Mitz treated us in McDonald’s so I ate again, of course…

After finishing the agenda of our meeting, it rained so hard as if the raindrops were daggers striking on the rooftop. I struggled in the rain without an umbrella. I passed by the Carmelite Monastery. I’ve hesitated to go down because of the unfair weather; however, I felt like Someone was calling me in that old building – a voice that I’ve never heard for the past few weeks of my life…


I precipitately hailed the driver to stop for me to be able to go down.

I ran so fast that I thought I would stumble. But I did make it inside the Church. There were no people except the nun who was fixing the flower arrangement and another woman who came concurrently with me.

I knelt down, my eyes became watery.

I asked for forgiveness. I still felt bemused about my emotional stress until I prayed. Praying for me at that moment was still a paragraph of scattered and unorganized thoughts; so, again, I asked for forgiveness because of my incoherent sentences in my prayers.

I shuddered. I felt chilly – I was wet because of the rain. Then I saw the nun in brown sitting near the back. I wanted to talk to her; I wanted to cry.

Conversely, I didn’t. I was afraid she might snob me. So I just went to “candle shrine” in the monastery, where people light their candles after praying. I lit mine.

After doing so, I went to the wishing well. I was the only one there. Perhaps, it’s because people didn’t want to get wet. I tossed my coin yet I didn’t see where it went.

My vision was still blurred although my eyes have no defect.

Then, I went home.

After eating dinner, I’ve had my nap again before taking a bath…

This morning, I checked my weight. The scale says I’m 130 lbs.

I gained ten pounds compared to yesterday....

04.28.09

No comments: