What’s alarming about ESET NOD32 v2.7?

THIS IS ALARMING! I inserted my USB into a virus-infected laptop. That laptop was the “organization’s laptop” of The Pioneer, which contains ten viruses as detected by ESET NOD32 version 3 in our desktop at home.

These are the ten viruses:


Gwen ISU scandal.exe
Sex videos.exe
Images.exe
Issas.exe
PCTeam Rulez.exe
services.exe
csrss.exe
svchost.exe
explorer.exe

However, when I first scanned the said flash drive with the ESET NOD32 version 2.7 in my laptop, there was not even a single virus detected! Analytically speaking, both antivirus programs contain the same virus database – January 05, 2009 (virus signature database 3741).

As well, both programs of ESET have exactly the same settings. All functions are enabled except the “detection of potentially unsafe applications”. Even the “advanced heuristics” is enabled.

Hitherto, I candidly don’t know if what’s wrong with v2.7...

Because of that, I just re-upgraded to ESET Smart Security Version 3 this morning....

No comments: