From ESET Smart Security v3 to ESET NOD32 v2.7

AFTER AN HOUR-LONG DECISION-MAKING, I finally clinched to downgrade my ESET Smart Security version 3 to ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 2.7.
After all, it was an arduous decision!

ESET Smart Security version 3 is the new generation of NOD32 antivirus. It has a personal firewall and anti-spam module, plus all the features of ESET Nod32. (For the full features of ESET NOD32, Smart Security, and version 2.7 and 3 differences, please click in this hyperlink.) In my computer, it's going smoothly well that I don't have any problem about it.

What I like the most is the Advanced Heuristic, a feature that detects “threats” even before they get recorded into the database of the security center. NOD32 v2.7 also has that, actually.

Using the GUI of the v3, however, is so feasible. I feel like there is no thrill because I am overly protected even in the cyberspace (because I use the ESET Smart Security). As well, it is so beautiful with its sliced lime eyes icon and green appearance, just like this one:



I was just thinking to change my version of the security software because I find the graphic user interface of the v2.7 more exigent; there is challenge when it comes to mastery. Just like the one below:


However, one uncanny and annoying experience regarding v2.7 happened last night. Its GUI was distorted, I feel like my computer has been totally degraded. I felt offended for my computer because I am emotionally attached to it! Look at what happened to v2.7:


Right now, I envisage re-upgrading to version 3 of ESET Smart Security....

My cart-off: Don’t fix it, if it’s not broken!

No comments: