The Day My Mother Disposed the Oven Toaster

LIKE A MADLY-DRIVEN ANDROID, the policeman who was safeguarding a certain street in the city shouted at a driver. He almost gnashed his teeth when the latter parked his vehicle in front of a mall. Then, the policeman whacked the side of the vehicle that the passengers felt the impact of his steel baton-like hand against it. I knew that because I felt the impact too.

The policeman, obviously, was blown up in his madness. Is it right to whack the vehicle to the extent that the passengers will feel the impact? I suppose it’s not. I know it’s normal for a policeman to be strict and possess the commanding tone in his voice.


****

So what’s the connection with an oven toaster? Find out in my column in The Pioneer issue VOL. XXXVII No. 2.

(NOTE: This column was published last year. I just blogged it now because I got home late. This is the consequence of fatigue.)

No comments: