Precious gifts

IT WAS A SET OF gifts. There was a jet-black leather bag, a white pouch covered with black lace, a grayish silver version of the former, and some purple, and gold combinations of the latter. These were for the panelists…

Today is the panel interview of those who are applying for the next Pioneer Editorial Board. I bought tokens for the panelists whom I thought are all females. So, I bought bags and pouch for all of them. There was Ma’am Tina, Ma’am Gwen, a representative for the Guidance & Counseling Office, and a representative from the CCF – it was Sir Pines!



I was flabbergasted!

The token was “for women only”. But then, I just supposed that he has a wife!

Meanwhile, I also sent a group message to all the Pioneer’s current and incoming staff. I told them:

…Please see me today. May gift ako sa inyo. Just go to PS 3108. Sa mga maiinterview, bigay ko na lang after.

The gift was different. Of course, I gave the gift to those who were interviewed after their interview. That would mean lesser onus for me.

However, my problem was how to hand down the gift to those who will not be interviewed. It’s a good thing they approached me in PS 108. There was Robert Rivera, Marjorie and Margaret Mano, Sientel Raymundo, Emerlyn Villagans, Roma Canlas and many more…

Michael Dayrit, a former Feature Correspondent who lost his chance to be promoted for running as College Student Council, arrived late after the interview to get the letter. Jay-ar Gonzales, meanwhile, sent me a message that he would get the letter by 5pm. Bien Baldonado was also there.

Perhaps, some of them expected that the gift was a thing like a bag, or money (as a first payment/honorarium). However, it was just a letter.

But I sincerely wrote that letter. It’s because I am anxious that “The Pioneer’s Culmination Night” in Fontana would flap. Edwin and I agreed to it that he would lead the preparation for the annual Tayid-tayid09 while I would lead the preparation for the culmination event.

The letter was the invitation....

03.12.09

No comments: