Journey to and experience in Fontana

THE INNOVA WAS RUNNING along the highway with moderate alacrity. However, we were already near Clark until I received a text message saying, “Kua Al, saan po magkikita kita?”

I was flabbergasted!

I recall Mr. Robert Rivera was with me a moment ago in the plant-box, near the stone benches. Yet, I left him unknowingly because I was busy with other matters regarding the event…


I’ve just realized that I overlooked him when I was checking the passengers who will ride with me in the car being driven by Ford’s uncle when I received his text message.

So I instantaneously sent Mitch and April a text message, reminding them to include Mr. Rivera in the batch where they would be riding. I also instructed Mr. Rivera to look for the sexy Filipina woman and the black American lady whose hair is curly. Then so he did. He replied, “Opo. Nkta qna. Pcenxa na ehe. :)”

(Yet, I should actually be the one to say sorry to him for the inconvenience…)

The Pioneer Culmination Night is in Fontana. I thought the event would flap because of karma. I was anxious that the two villas we reserved would not be filled.

However, the event didn’t flap. It was very successful and moving. There were attendees. Though not everyone made it, there were plenty of them still.

(I would like to say, “Thank you so very much to all!”)

Just as what Ford (Melford Cunanan) told me, “Congratulations! Ang ganda ng may ganito. Sana dati pa natin ginagawa ito.”

“I actually underestimated you before and akala ko wala kang field jung saan ka magsusucceed. Meron pala,” he continued.

Then I answered, “Ah… okay.” I smiled.

I explained to him, “Di ko naman magagawa ito kung wala sina Preng, Mitch, at PG. Tinulungan nila ako sa event na ito.”

I’ve just realized afterwards that he was not just talking about the event but to my whole development as a writer and as a Managing Editor.

Speaking of my management, I was moved by all those people who appreciate what I do for them. This is my greatest achievement in my entire life as of now – to be admired and be respected by my colleagues.

It was night-time then when the actual ceremony started, with guest speaker, Mr. Melford Cunanan.

Speaking of Ford, I actually would want to apologize to him for taking it so long before Tim and I were able to fetch him at SM Clark.

That is so because the staff of the Pioneer rollicked the swimming activity we did, especially the waves in the pool that’s as sharp as blade when it touches the face.

Conversely, all the females were forced to wear their swimwear because they will not be tolerated to swim if they won’t do so…

Mitch and I have had our final match in the waves – only one of us shall remain alive. However, both of us are still alive in the end. Meanwhile, April’s body was hued with green because her shawl was much dyed with artificial pigment, perhaps.

When the candle ceremony ended, Ford wanted to go home. Few minutes after, he changed his mind.

As a sign of hospitality, I accompanied him in the bedroom in the other villa….

03.14.09

No comments: