Blank, give me a good night-kiss

LOOKING AT NOWHERE, I see nothing; yet, I hear everything. My sleep has been disturbed!

The storm is ripping over the city, gushing torrents of wind that turn tree branches like frothy feathers. Few but stretched drops of rain strike the rooftops, producing canon roar of metals, slammed by artillery fire that spats to the ground—typhoon Basyang raised a storm signal in Metro Manila; it is certainly damaging the area.

Here in Makati, psychologically speaking, the sound of the wind is startling me. This is actually the very first instance in my life that I am experiencing such trepidation because, perhaps, I am away from my hometown and my biological relations.

Conversely, I would like to know if Neil, my roommate, is already home. However, I can't. It's very dark in the room, and even the dim light, which I and my roommate never turn off, is not lighted. From this, I gather now that the electric current is down. I wouldn't want to wake him by asking from nowhere, "Hey, are you there?" (Of course, I presume he is sleeping. Posing such a question might mean intrusion to his presumed sleep on his bed at the upper deck.)


Then, the wind rapidly blows again. Currently, I can imagine a hurricane reentering the center of our building, forming an exponential, spiral force that can demolish mountains (a paranoid hyperbole!).

This sound abruptly reminds me of a scene in a movie, which I recently wrote about, concerning a conflict with an old friend whom, meanwhile, I've been reminded of due to an "occurrence" this foregoing sunset. Have you ever seen the movie "Up" where that eccentric house floating with balloons was caught in a horde of cumulonimbus clouds? I still recall how that house was tossed upon the horizon. I even thought that it would fall into the city of lofty buildings, wherein offices are leasing...

Speaking of offices, I suppose they pole apart from classes—there's an infrequent occasion that office hours will be deferred due to typhoon damages. Imagining in times that should be allotted for sleeping may cause me destruction during office hours and make my production such mediocre.

Anyhow, there's nothing that I see but a blank darkness. It would be better to continue my sleep. Give me now a good night-kiss.

I will be catching some Zzzz....

07.14.2010, Makati City

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

很耐斯的部落格,留言支持你繼續加油..................................................................