Rescuing a trapped P1i stylus


CITY OF SAN FERNANDO -- None can heed the screech from the constricted perforation of a stylus stranded inside a P1i yesterday.

Well, how can a stylus screech anyhow?

I woke up yesterday, checking if how many messages I received while I'm sleeping on the preceding night. And I don't habitually use a stylus when I unlock my keypads to check my messages. Perhaps, there had just been some force from a quadrant in this galaxy that I tried to pick the stylus from its hole in my phone.


When I’ve got the stylus out, Voila! It was very short -- I only got 1/3 of it and the remaining part was rapt inside the hole. I was frustrated!

I tried multitudinous ways to get the stylus out from the perforation. First, I tried to wobble the phone, with the pinhole facing down to ask for the aid of the gravity, but it was inept. I became worried also that my phone might get internal damages if I continue wobbling it.

Second, I inserted a loosened paper clip into the hole, thinking that I might be able to obtain the stylus out of it... The idea was quite futile.

Third, I opened the rear cover and detached the battery from the phone. I saw a portion of the stylus inside because there was some sort of an exposed silver part there. Then, I tried to move the stylus up by doggedly inserting a paper clip into the exposed area – I asked for the aid of friction. Still, the idea was pointless.

Until I added a rubber band, mummifying the end point of the straightened paper clip, thinking that the rubber band will increase friction – the idea was no longer pointless; it was idiotic!

"I surrender," I said. I'd rather bring the phone to the technicians in the mall and have it unfastened with their special screwing devices, and get the stylus out of its perforation, than to cause auxiliary damages to my phone.

I brought my phone in Megatrade Center and they've effortlessly acquired the remaining part of my stylus out by entirely opening the phone. Lucky for me, the stylus was not actually broken. Its parts were only technically separated but it could be fixed with a super adhesive.

I purchased a Mighty Bond from a hardware store and fixed my stylus when I went home.

Not bad. Yet it was not perfect too -- the stylus, now, has some inconspicuous scrapes, which have been caused by the paper clip I persistently inserted and rubbed with the surface of the stylus. The stylus has been crooked too. (Perhaps, the blame should be on me because I didn't check – when I bonded its parts together – if my alignment was rectilineal.)

Well, I suppose impulsiveness can transform a problem to a quandary.

05.01.2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P1i is a great smart phone.