The legendary LD

LAWDENMARC Y. DECAMORA WAS a former senior editor of mine. There were two of them actually – He is with Melford Cunanan.

I recall LD always uses profound thoughts in writing. At first, I thought he is just fond of highfaluting words until I’ve realized that even owning my handy dictionary will not suffice for me to parallel his style – his thoughts are very profound; not just from the usage of ostentatious English words but from the mere thoughts themselves.

Now, he is already a Law student in The University of Santo Tomas in Manila. Perhaps, he has a very hectic schedule in studying that’s why he texts very seldom.
The most recent message, which he sent me, was this:


As this redgold summer slooshies a tomahawk pleasure, old vecks mill round yer horrorshow memories and at the nucleus of it all… luve viddies 'twixt a flat of
sweetened and rubied rot of the hearth and a castle skyrocketed 2 Shakepeare's ennui w/o a pretty polly 2 BUY happiness.
BOG or the God ye know exists :-)
Good mown!

****
(Some spellings were edited because I know they were just shortcuts for texting. However, I did not edit some because I don’ know if what they actually mean.)

Whew! Just imagine: If all lawyers would speak as poetic as this, crime scenes in the Philippines would indubitably decrease….

05.03.09

No comments: