The day typhoon Emong’s coming

“THIS EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN HAS no solution, I suppose. I’ll never get over it unless I wake up one day feeling very tired,” I said.

“Just pray. God looks at the heart,” he said.

“I believe in Him – he has been blessing me,” I answered.

“Call upon His name Jesus,” he replied.


“Surrender your emotional breakdown.”

“Be free from it…”

“Just believe without reservations. Declare that you are an over comer. When I feel abandoned and alone, I pray, I hold unto his promises. Strength comes.”

“Try to sleep then gising ka ulit…”

(I can’t read my cell phone by then because I’m having my training sessions and to text would be a sign of disrespect; I might be reprimanded! During my break, however, I was able to read my phone with several messages. So, I replied…)

“Hindi ako makakatulog. Nasa work training ako. Kakabreak lang namin…” Then I continued, “Kaya ko naman i-escape eh; it’s just hard to overcome.”

When I’ve read the second text message, I said, “If I surrender it, I would have to surrender… Basta!”

He answered, “You can’t do it on your own. Just surrender it. You won’t fully know unless you take a plunge. I’m praying for you… Kaya yan. By grace. Gutom ako. Aha.”

Then, I just diverted the focus of the conversation to pizza, and then to Ala Crème’s Sinful cake, to appetite, and to the early start of the rainy season.

The rainy days have been moved very early this year. It should still be summer but the typhoon has already arrived in the Philippines.

Its name is Typhoon Emong – its name sounds very “emotional,” doesn’t it?

05.07.09

No comments: